Mr. Hoyt Joins HHS Staff Late in the Summer

Back to Article
Back to Article

Helping students, Mr. Hoyt makes a point about an assignment.

by Avery Michalski, Staff Member

With Mr. Hamm being called to active duty, Mr. Hoyt has taken over  as the new Industrial Technology Teacher. At HHS, Mr. Hoyt teaches Computer Assisted Drafting (CAD), Cabinetmaking, and Construction classes.    

“So far HHS has been great, I couldn’t have asked for a better school system, administrators, and fellow teachers to start out with for a first time teaching position,” says Mr. Hoyt.

Mr. Hoyt graduated from Anselmo-Merna high school, which is in a small town about 10 miles from Broken Bow. He  went to University of Nebraska at Kearney and graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science. Later, he went back and finished a degree in Secondary Education.

“It has definitely been a change coming from substitute teaching to full time teaching, but Mr. Drews, Mr. Schoneman and Mr. Ham have made things pretty manageable for me,” said Mr. Hoyt.

This has been Mr. Hoyt’s third year teaching. He has spent the previous two years substitute teaching around the Kearney, Grand Island and Hastings areas.  

“ I guess it was just luck of the draw, or right place at the right time kind of thing. It was so late in the summer I wasn’t really looking for teaching job for this year anymore. With the situation that HHS was in with Mr Ham being called to active duty in the military, it just worked out that I had experience in Industrial Tech and was able to get into this position.”