Duster Softball Splits Two Games at Southern Valley Triangular

Playing third base, Jenessa Landin prepares for a ground ball during a game versus York.

Ryan Melroy, Editor

On Monday, September 24,  the Duster Softball team headed to Stamford to take on Minden and Southern Valley in a varsity triangular.

In the first game, Holdrege took on Minden and won 14-2 ending the game in the  third inning. Multiple walks from Minden gave Holdrege the opportunity to have runners in scoring position and have the hitters drive them home. Defensively, the Dusters played well with few errors. Minden scored two runs on a homerun in top of the third inning.

We did really well playing Minden. We had fun, played hard and got good experience,” stated sophomore Janessa Landin.

In the second game, they faced Southern Valley. The Dusters worked hard and played well defensively, but on the offensive side, they were overpowered by the pitcher and left runners on base. In the fifth inning, the pitcher hit a grand slam homerun ending the game 8-0.

“I think that compared from the first time that we played Southern Valley to now has been a big change,we have definitely gotten better on knowing where to go with the ball, and better throws all together,” stated sophomore Grace Borden.