FFA Students Compete in District Land Judging Meet in Franklin

Back to Article
Back to Article

Caden Erickson placed third overall at the FFA District Land Judging Competition.

Lauryn Ivey, Staff Member

District FFA Land Judging was held on Wednesday, October 3 in Franklin Nebraska. The FFA chapter took thirty-five student along to this event.

Out of the thirty-five students that attended, twenty-one received ribbons. White ribbons were awarded to: Mason Marquardt, Josh Reed, Hudson Reed, Cassie Fulmer, Carter Newth and Maddie Moore, Morgan Marquardt, Spencer Knuth, and Tyler Bialas. Red ribbons included Bailey Edgren, Kade Komenda Noah Wilke, Cade Wiese, Jacob Schrock and Gage Holt. Blue Ribbon recipients were McKenna Ortgiesen, Alexis England, Eli Swanson and  Makita Beck. Purple ribbon winner Caden Erickson placed third overall. Holdrege Team 3 consisting of Tyler Bailas, Makita Beck, Brady Edgren, and Eli Swanson qualified for state competition. The State Land Evaluation contest will take place October 17 in Wahoo.

“It was a good learning experience, for me and all the other freshman and i’m excited to see if I can advance and do better next year,” said freshman Mckenna Ortgiesen.