Mrs. Windholz Starts FCCLA at Holdrege High School

Back to Article
Back to Article

Mrs. Windholz - FCCLA Sponsor

Mrs. Windholz - FCCLA Sponsor

Mrs. Windholz - FCCLA Sponsor

Mrs. Windholz - FCCLA Sponsor

Avery Michalski, staff member

FCCLA is a new organization at HHS. The acronym stands for family career and community leaders of America. This group has been started by the new home economics teacher, Mrs. Windholz.

“This is the only organization out there that really focuses on the family and promotes the family as a unit,” says Mrs. Windholz.

This leadership organization is similar to FFA, and can participate in competitions at local and national levels. When Mrs. Windholz taught in Wyoming she had a FCCLA chapter that was able to compete at nationals  seven times. Her goal is to get a chapter up and running at HHS.

“FCCLA helps all types of  students because they can do something that they’re interested in and can help build self esteem.” according to  Mrs. Windholz.

Mrs. Windholz wants to offer kids at HHS “something different.” In the future the FCCLA chapter  would like to do some community service projects and projects at our school. There are many different ways that students can be involved with FCCLA  such as doing projects with health, traffic safety and financial fitness.

“This really is a tremendous organization and I think it can offer Holdrege a lot of opportunities,” says Mrs. Windholz.